I came to Alta Mira broken, and desperate to put myself and my life back together. Leaving here I feel more confident about myself, with a new found sense of joy and happiness in everyday life.
Alta Mira Alumnus
Most Advanced Addiction and Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
Alta Mira is a residential and outpatient addiction and dual-diagnosis treatment center whose mission is to provide hope, strength and healing for individuals and families. We offer the most sophisticated level of clinical and diagnostic services, truly individualized treatment plans, and an exceptional team of highly credentialed addiction treatment professionals. We promise an extraordinary and transformative treatment experience, with a broad selection of holistic services and experiential therapies that help you heal and recover. Our unique program addresses the neurobiological, psychological, physical, social and spiritual aspects of addition, empowering you to find personal meaning and embrace life’s infinite possibilities.
Just minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito, California, Alta Mira is located in a magnificent and serene setting with panoramic views, lovely gardens and the casual elegance of an historic hotel.
Superior Credentials & Experience
As a client at Alta Mira, you have a team of highly credentialed professionals working together to provide you with the most advanced care possible. Our reputation and Bay Area location allow us to attract best-in-class addiction and dual diagnosis treatment experts.
- All primary therapists are licensed and masters- or doctoral-level
- Clinical leadership team of renowned addiction treatment experts
- Full-time neuropsychologist on staff
- Consulting physicians and psychiatrists board certified in addiction medicine
- 24/7 medically monitored detoxification
- Expertise in dual diagnosis treatment, including trauma, mood disorders, personality disorders, codependency and family dynamics
Truly Individualized Care
Treatment is successful when you are respected, listened to, and your care team is closely aligned with you. Working together, we create the opportunity for you to experience profound healing and discover balance and purpose.
- Personalized treatment plans that respect your life experience, goals and aspirations
- A staff-to-client ratio that provides significant contact with medical, psychiatric and neuropsychological teams weekly
- At least 2 individual therapy sessions weekly with your primary therapist
- A range of peer support program options, including AA, NA, Al-Anon, Smart Recovery, LifeRing and more
Sophisticated Diagnostic Capabilities
Addiction is often the result of underlying disorders (called dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders) that have not been properly diagnosed or treated. Our state-of-the-art testing program, combined with our medical, psychiatric and clinical evaluations, provides you with the most accurate diagnosis, allowing us to create a treatment plan tailor-made to meet your individual needs.
- Full-time neuropsychologist with decades of diagnostic experience
- Extensive battery of psychological, cognitive, personality and vocational tests offered (included in treatment price), with results integrated into your treatment and medication plans
- Comprehensive feedback sessions help you understand and address interpersonal issues and patterns that can often make long-term recovery challenging
Innovative Treatment Approach
With a foundation built on 12-step wisdom, our unique curriculum focuses on treating the neurobiological, psychological, physical, social, and spiritual aspects of addiction.
- Customized integration of evidence-based treatment modalities, 12-step peer support, experiential therapy, and holistic services
- Intensive workshops on resiliency, codependency, relationships and spirituality
- Addiction and dual diagnosis treatment model supported by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, focused on evidence-based practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)