A Higher Level of Individual Care
Personalized treatment programs make the difference.
Whether you are dealing with alcoholism, drug addiction, substance abuse, process addiction, trauma or a set of co-occurring disorders, our highly experienced clinical staff will take the time to understand your struggle, hear your goals and walk you through each stage of the recovery process.
- Daily individual sessions with professional staff
- A minimum of 2 one-on-one psychotherapy sessions weekly
- Weekly individual spiritual and recovery counseling sessions
- Treatment 7 days a week, including weekends and evenings
- Clinical staff to-client ratios well above industry standards
- Family therapy and intensive case management
Innovative Treatment Approach
Alta Mira offers a broad spectrum of recovery programs that include integrated holistic services and structured clinical programs. All of our top treatment programs are personalized to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each client and designed to include family, friends and other members of the client’s support group. The foundation of our treatment program is detailed in our client workbook, The Alta Mira Way.
Our cutting-edge curriculum focuses on treating addiction as a brain disease
- Treatment model supported by the American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Scientific and evidence-based practices
- Comprehensive healing orientation
- Relapse prevention focus
- Didactic and interactive lectures
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- 12-step based
- International leaders on faculty (over 20 Ph.D.s/ M.D.s & Others)
The Alta Mira Way
The Alta Mira Way is a unique treatment philosophy that is the result of more than one hundred years of collective experience among our senior staff and codified in our client workbook. We believe the best individualized treatment planning within a rigorous clinical framework offers our clients the highest odds for success and long term recovery.
The Alta Mira Way incorporates Four Stages of treatment. Each stage is intended to help clients find their own path to recovery and includes written exercises, experiential activities, psycho-education, and the development of recovery tools.
The Four Stages of Treatment
Stage One: Getting Stable
- Challenges in early recovery
- Your life story, “your journey so far”
- Grief and Loss
- Journaling for Recovery
- Daily mood and trigger inventory
- Getting grounded
- The Chris List
Stage Two: Healing Myself
- Thoughts, feelings, urges and actions
- Combating negative thinking
- Developing a sense of purpose
- Anger management
- Dealing with shame and guilt
- Recognizing and dealing with trauma
- Spirituality, “living a life of integrity”
Stage Three: Dealing with Others
- Practice these principles in all my affairs
- Relationships in recovery
- Evaluating romantic relationships
- Family dynamics
- The Genogram
- Making amends
- Friends who relapse
Stage Four: Recovery for Life
- Having fun in recovery
- Weekend planning
- Relapse prevention for life
- Dealing with illness
- Medications in recovery
- Cross addiction
- Life after treatment
We treat the whole person
We complement the Four Stages with a number of additional treatment modalities intended to address the biological, psychological, social and spiritual needs of each of our clients. We have detailed below some of the core services included in our recovery programs.
Detoxification (Click Here)
Orientation & clinical evaluation
Learn More About Testing & Assessments
Learn More About Alta Mira’s Family Program
Individual and group therapy
Discharge & aftercare
- — Two day revisits, or treatment “tune-ups,” for three years following the successful conclusion of treatment.
- — Additionally, we offer a number of post-treatment recovery services either directly through our own staff or through approved clinical providers.
Find the right program for you
Start your recovery with an individualized course of clinical and therapeutic treatment (30-90 days) that addresses your specific needs and integrates your existing support system. Learn more
ReVision for Chronic Relapse
Stop the relapse cycle and pick up the recovery process where you left it. Our ReVision program takes a clinical focus on the underlying issues that stand in the way of recovery. Learn more
10 Day Evaluation
Gain new awareness and insight with our comprehensive substance abuse evaluation. Receive a written clinical summary and treatment recommendation upon completion.