Psychological Testing and Assessment Make the Difference
Alta Mira sets the standard for psychological testing in addiction treatment programs.
Most people seeking addiction treatment have co-occurring disorders that need to be addressed in order to sustain long-term recovery. During your first month with us, you will have the opportunity to complete a full battery of psychological testing, including neuropsychological, cognitive, vocational, and personality tests, all included in the cost of treatment. Combined with our medical, psychiatric, and clinical evaluations, these tests contribute to the most accurate diagnosis possible, enabling us to develop a highly customized plan to treat the underlying causes of your substance use.
Psychological Testing allows us to:
- Properly diagnose and treat an extensive range of illnesses and disorders that may be contributing to your substance use.
- Create a medication strategy based on empirical evidence and make appropriate adjustments during your course of treatment.
- Identify and work on interpersonal issues that might otherwise compromise your treatment.
- Present you with tangible data for helping you better understand your illness and recovery.
All clients receive the following tests:
- Beck Anxiety Inventory
- Beck Depression Inventory
- Mini-International Neuropsychiatric Interview
- Personality Assessment Inventory
- Rotter Incomplete Sentences
- Symptom Checklist-90-Revised (SCL-90-R)
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale IV (WAIS-IV)
- Halstead Reitan
- Trails A&B
- Wechsler Memory Scale-Fourth Edition
- Other tests to rule in or out learning disorders and ADD/ADHD
- House Tree Person Drawings
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2)
- Thematic Appreciation Test
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Adrenal Stress Index
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory
As a person who struggles with addiction, comprehensive psychological testing offers you the hope of finally understanding the source of your suffering and the underlying causes of your substance use. It is critical that this testing is done while in treatment so that we have an accurate picture of how you function free of substances, and so that we can begin treating your co-occurring disorders right away. We have expertise in treating a full range of co-occurring disorders (including trauma, mood disorders, personality disorders, and codependency) and can partner with local professionals to offer you any adjunctive treatment necessary during your stay with us.
In addition, testing allows us to create a discharge and continuing care plan that addresses your full range of treatment needs and offers you the very best long-term outcomes.