Alta Mira is staffed with people who are caring, responsive and extremely competent. I leave Alta Mira with a profound sense of gratitude and renewed hope for the future.
Alta Mira Alumnus
Getting Help for Prescription Drug Addiction
If you are concerned that you may have crossed the line from the intended use of prescription drugs into abuse, we can help. Prescription drug addiction can be confusing because individuals often begin using the medications on doctor’s orders.
Here are some of the signs that intended prescription drug use has developed into abuse:
- Increase in frequency of dosage or amount of medication taken in a dose
- Anxiety when prescriptions are running low
- Online medication purchases, particularly from foreign pharmacies
- Stealing (or the urge to steal) prescription pads or medications
- Getting medications prescribed to another person or fictitious name
- Multiple prescriptions for the same medication from different doctors
- Secretive demeanor regarding prescriptions
- Prolonged prescription courses for transient or healed conditions
- Incurring debt, stealing or borrowing money to finance prescriptions
If any of these signs are familiar, the Alta Mira team is here to help.