Heroin Addiction Treatment
Alta Mira Recovery Programs is a world-class residential heroin addiction treatment center specializing in the treatment of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our unique therapeutic approach and expert staff ensure you or your loved one receives treatment and support needed for lasting recovery. Our evidence-based heroin addiction treatments, including medically supervised detox, residential care, and therapy, offer the intensity and duration necessary to go beyond immediate recovery to help our clients attain greater independence.
Heroin addiction has reached epidemic proportions, largely due to being interchangeable with other opioids and for its less expensive price tag compared to other prescription opioids. If an individual has been prescribed or has developed a dependency to an opioid such as Oxycontin or Vicodin, they can use heroin to receive the same results at a lower cost. There is an immediate sense of euphoria and relief from pain, both physical and emotional when someone uses heroin.
This highly addictive drug is extremely dangerous, as heroin can cause serious deterioration in physical and mental health over time. Heroin mixed with fentanyl-related deaths and overdoses are also dangerously on the rise, as many illicit drugs being sold are being laced with fentanyl. Anyone using or abusing heroin needs immediate help.
By learning what effective treatment looks like and understanding the value of a residential heroin addiction treatment center, you can make the first step towards lasting recovery.
Heroin Addiction Treatment
Heroin addiction treatment centers provide the best chances for a successful recovery from a heroin addiction. A medically supervised detox followed by various forms of therapy the key to treating this dangerous addiction. When someone is addicted to heroin it is not uncommon to find an underlying mental health issue, so choosing a treatment center that includes addressing and treating any co-occurring disorders is crucial.
Treatment Goals for Heroin Addiction
When you are dealing with such a dangerous addiction making sure you have the best treatment plan is imperative to lasting recovery. Choosing to recover at a heroin addiction treatment center will provide you a customized treatment plan designed by a professional mental health clinician, so you can focus solely on healing knowing you are on the best path to recovery from heroin addiction. Our compassionate team of mental health professionals at Alta Mira will provide you or your loved one with the plan and tools for excellent treatment, as well as the support and care needed to achieve lasting recovery. During your heroin addiction treatment you will work towards these goals:
- A safe and successful detoxification
- Decreasing and eliminating withdrawal symptoms
- Learning skills and tools need to prevent future relapses
- Addressing and understanding any co-occurring mental health disorders
- Gaining control of your life
- Connecting with support groups for life after active treatment
Heroin Addiction Rehab Options
The first step for anyone suffering from an addiction to heroin is a safe and medically supervised detox, then a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs, which can include various forms of therapy and, if needed, medication. Residential treatment is the best place to achieve recovery from heroin.
- Medically Supervised Detoxification. When stopping the use of heroin the withdrawal symptoms can be extremely unpleasant and cause serious distress on the mind and body. It is crucial for your recovery success to be in a medically supervised environment for detoxing, there you or your loved one will have 24-hour care and support from mental health professionals.
- Residential Treatment. When you chose to receive treatment in an inpatient heroin addiction treatment center you will start with a medically supervised detox followed by various therapies including individual, family, and group support sessions. Each patient will receive a customized treatment plan, that addresses all of their symptoms as it is not uncommon for someone to suffer an underlying mental health disorder or another substance abuse addiction. Depending on the individual there may be medication prescribed to help treat heroin addiction.
- Therapy. Both cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and contingency management therapies are proven to help those suffering from a heroin addiction. Family-based therapies are also very helpful for both the individual with the addiction and their family members.
To achieve lasting recovery from heroin addiction an individual must commit to a lifetime of long term care after their active treatment has stopped.
Begin Your Recovery Journey Today866-922-1350
Inpatient Heroin Addiction Treatment
During treatment in a residential heroin addiction treatment center, you will be able to set all you focus and energy on recovering from this dangerous addiction. A professional mental health clinician will provide a tailored treatment plan that includes alternative and holistic therapies, group and family support, and help with nutrition and exercise. Any co-occurring mental health disorders or addictions will be addressed and treated, helping in preventing future relapses and securing a healthier and happier life. Treatment will take place in a safe and supportive environment designed for recovery giving you or your loved one the best chance at a successful recovery.
Why Choose Alta Mira for Heroin Addiction Rehab
At Alta Mira, we specialize in treating addiction and co-occurring psychiatric disorders. We provide safe, compassionate care in a serene residential setting where clients can focus on their treatment and recovery from heroin addiction without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
- Comprehensive Neuropsychological Testing and Assessment. We properly diagnose and treat an extensive range of illnesses and disorders that may be contributing to you or your loved one’s opiate addiction, create a personalized medication strategy, and make appropriate adjustments during the course of treatment.
- World-Class Clinical Staff. Our expert clinical team provides individual therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat heroin addiction.
- Individualized Treatment Plans. After our thorough neuropsychological and psychological testing and assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers profound healing and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles.
- Luxurious Private Location. Just minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito, California, we are located in a beautiful, historic setting with panoramic views, lovely gardens, and casual elegance. Our therapeutic amenities and activities help our clients reconnect with body, nurture their spirit, and reignite a sense of fun and adventure.
If you’re ready to learn more about our treatment programs, please contact us today.
We understand that in order for treatment to be successful, we must listen closely and truly understand your needs, aspirations, personal history, and treatment goals. All members of our care team align closely with you so that you feel safe, respected, and ready to do your work. With this approach, Alta Mira co-creates a profound healing experience with you so you can achieve your recovery goals and reclaim your life.