Our Intensive Outpatient Program
Our 8-week Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) offers you the best in addiction treatment care while also allowing you to manage daily life commitments. We offer both day and evening programs. With an emphasis on evidence-based treatment methods, including Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), you will learn to build healthier relationships, gain insights into behaviors, develop emotion regulation skills, and practice essential relapse prevention tools for your life in recovery. Whether you are in the early stages of recovery or have completed a residential program, our IOP addiction experts are here to provide you with the most advanced treatment available in a program that’s tailored to meet your needs.
We accept most major PPO insurance for our IOP. Insurance companies we work with include: Cigna, United Healthcare/Optum, Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Value Options, and others. Please contact us to find out about your individual coverage. Please note: While we accept insurance at Alta Mira Outpatient, Alta Mira Residential Program remains self-pay.
Over the course of 8 weeks, our IOP offers you the opportunity to strengthen your recovery skills and solidify your resolve to achieve your treatment goals. Our highly skilled therapists guide you through individual and group sessions focusing on relapse prevention.
How Our Intensive Outpatient Program Supports Your Recovery
At Alta Mira, we equip you to overcome your struggles with addiction, empowering you to resolve the life challenges that contribute to your substance abuse. Our experts help you to address mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs during this comprehensive outpatient program. Our exceptional IOP supports your recovery work by offering:
- Minimum of 8 individual therapy sessions with our highly credentialed staff of licensed and/or masters-level therapists
- Evidence-based treatment methods, including:
- Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP), which cultivates moment-to-moment, nonjudgmental awareness of thoughts, feelings, and surroundings to help you better recognize and tolerate negative emotions or cravings
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which helps you change unhelpful thinking and behavior
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which teaches you to recognize triggers that lead to harmful behavior, and to apply healthier coping mechanisms in these stressful situations
- Process group and education sessions, as well as specialized groups, including:
- 12-step recovery
- Spirituality and recovery
- Fitness in recovery
- Financial recovery
- Healthy relationships
- Skills for independent living
- Emotional sobriety
- Family therapy and education sessions
- Additional fee-based services are also available:
- Psychological and cognitive testing
- Psychiatric services
- Equine therapy
Is Our IOP Right For You?
At Alta Mira, we help you create the best path for your journey to health. With this goal in mind, our experts will work with you to determine if the IOP is right for you. In general, you are an ideal candidate for our outpatient services if:
- You’ve just completed a residential treatment program, or are in the early stages of addiction
- You have sufficient structure and support in your home environment to maintain sobriety in an Intensive Outpatient Program
- You don’t require a medically-supervised detox. Any withdrawal symptoms must be non-life-threatening and must not require inpatient treatment or hospitalization
- You don’t need the intensive services and structure of residential treatment
The Alta Mira IOP combines our highly advanced treatment methods with the flexibility of outpatient care. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you, our compassionate staff is here to listen to your story. Please contact us at any time.
Intensive Outpatient Program Location
Our Intensive Outpatient Program is conveniently located in Mill Valley, California, just off of Route 101 north of San Francisco. There is a bus stop directly in front of the building, and ample parking available.
Alta Mira Outpatient Programs
591 Redwood Highway, Suite 5220
Mill Valley, CA 94941