Addiction Resources: Empowerment Through Knowledge
At Alta Mira, our passion is to help you and your loved ones create the future you want by overcoming the obstacle of addiction. If you are suffering with substance abuse, co-occurring mental health issues, and related life challenges, we want to empower you to get the support you need. To inspire awareness of the many issues relevant to addiction, we have put together this list of resources. In our list, you will find a wealth of information about various addictive substances and treatment, along with information regarding the help and support available in local communities.
We encourage all who need help to reach out. If you have questions about the information you find in these resources, please don’t hesitate to call us. Our specialists are among the best in their areas of expertise, and our treatment center offers the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic care available. We are here to help, and we look forward to hearing your story. Please contact us when you’re ready.
- What to Ask When You Call
- Paying for Addiction Treatment
- What to Do If Your Loved One Resists Treatment
- How Do You Know It’s Time for Addiction Treatment?
- What is Addiction Really Like?
- Characteristics of Drug Addictions
- The Many Gifts of Recovery: Why Sobriety Is Worth It
- Getting Time Off Work for Residential Addiction Treatment
- Leaving Your Family for Addiction Treatment
- Navigating Insurance: Working with an Insurance Advocate
- The Cost of Not Getting Treatment
- What to Pack
- How to Tell People You’re Entering Treatment
- The Importance of Taking This Time for Yourself
- Support Before and After Residential Addiction Treatment
- The Importance of True Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Janet McBride: Nutrition in Addiction Treatment
- Deanna Brolly: Physical Fitness in Addiction Recovery
- Dr. Steven Batki: Medication That Eases Withdrawal
- Dr. Steven Batki: Relapse Prevention Medication
- Rosemary O’Connor: Motherhood and Recovery
- Anna Welsh, PhD: Spiritual Awakening in Treatment
- Alan Massey: Addiction, Codependency, and Healing
- Susan Montana: Alta Mira’s Intensive Outpatient Program
- Therese Marie: Executive Recovery Coaching
- Dr. Laura Natta: Comprehensive Psychological Testing in Treatment
- Janice Graham, LMFT: Creative Recovery in Addiction Treatment
- Sarah Allen Benton: AA as Part of an Overall Treatment Plan
- Dr. Louise Stanger: Addiction, Mental Illness, and Tertiary Issues
- Bill Morrison: A New Standard of Residential Addiction Treatment