Treatment for Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders
At Alta Mira, we do not just treat addiction; we help you recover from all mental and emotional health issues which may be making life more difficult than it has to be. Early in our treatment program, our top diagnostic experts will assess you to determine if you have any underlying co-occurring issues such as anxiety, depression, mood disorders, or trauma, which may be fueling your substance abuse. Some clients come to us having never been correctly diagnosed with a mental health issue; others have a known diagnosis and a history of treatment that just hasn’t brought the relief they had hoped. Either way, our clients generally feel relieved to know we have effective treatment available for the underlying problems that have complicated their lives, fed addictions, and caused suffering.
Hope Returns With Accurate Diagnosis
If a co-occurring disorder is present, you have likely depended on drugs and alcohol, at least in part, to help you deal with the pain of untreated mental health issues. Once treated, a source of the addiction struggle is resolved, empowering you to build a stronger, more successful recovery program.
For this reason, we have built the premiere program in the country for expertly assessing, diagnosing, and treating a wide range of psychiatric, emotional, and mental health issues, including:
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Thought Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Self-Harm and Suicide Ideation
- Panic Disorders
Resolution of Co-Occurring Disorders
The Most Advanced Diagnostics
In order to ensure that you get the help you need to address all underlying issues, our experts utilize the most advanced, sophisticated diagnostic testing available when assessing each individual. With full awareness of all underlying issues, our experts are then prepared to customize a treatment plan to fit your unique needs.
Your Ideal Treatment Plan
With a clinical program informed by proven, evidence-based practices and 12-step wisdom, our experts guide you on a journey to resolve the underlying issues contributing to your addiction. Through group therapy, meetings with your primary therapist, and holistic offerings, we give you opportunities to find emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual fulfillment. Typically, your treatment includes these therapeutic methods:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which helps you to change unhelpful thinking and behavior
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which teaches you to recognize triggers that lead to harmful behavior and to apply healthier coping mechanisms in these stressful situations
- Motivational Interviewing (MI), which is a goal-oriented, client-centered counseling style in which the therapist aims to help you achieve a change you want to make
- Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP), which cultivates moment-to-moment, nonjudgmental awareness of thoughts, feelings, and surroundings to help you better recognize and tolerate negative emotions or cravings.
- With these tools, and more, you and your team co-create the opportunity for you to pursue the life you want.
The Best Medication Management
The biggest risk of relapse for those with a dual diagnosis is non-compliance with psychiatric medications. If you have a co-occurring disorder, proper medication management greatly increases your ability to maintain long-lasting sobriety. Alta Mira’s residential program allows our highly skilled experts to observe you over time, so that they can adjust medications for your co-occurring disorder. In this way, we support your best possible recovery experience.
At Alta Mira, our highly-trained specialists treat the complex combination of addiction and underlying mental health issues that plague so many addicts. If you would like more information about how our experts can help you or someone you know, please contact us.