Released from the Control of Opiate Addiction
If you join us to overcome your opiate addiction, you will be supported by our team of highly skilled, empathetic, and inspiring addiction specialists. Our experts have the technical knowledge needed to ensure you the safest, most comfortable experience possible during the beginning withdrawal stage. Our therapists will also work with you on identifying and resolving any underlying issues that may contribute to your drug use, giving you the power to free yourself from opiate addiction for the long term.
The Rise of Opiate Addiction
Opiate addiction has become an increasingly common illness for two main reasons. In order to help patients deal with injuries, surgeries or chronic conditions, physicians routinely prescribe pain-relieving opiates. For some, the highly addictive nature of these medications leads to unintentional abuse or dependence. And the widespread availability and affordability of heroin has also contributed to an increase in the number of users. In response, Alta Mira has assembled a team of highly experienced specialists who have the solutions our clients need to find freedom from opiate addiction.
There are many different types opiates that can lead to addiction:
- Synthetic opiates
Whatever opiates you may be dealing with, there is help available for you.
Our Treatment Program
The Alta Mira Opiate Addiction Program consists of three stages designed to help you realize lasting freedom from opiates:
- Stage 1: Detoxification (detox). Our detox experts know how to help you transition out of the withdrawal stage in the smoothest, safest, and most comfortable way possible. Opiate withdrawal is dangerous and painful in the absence of advanced care. In our medically-supervised detox program, you will be expertly attended, and given medications to help the body safely adapt to sobriety while easing the pain of withdrawals. While our detox experts offer care day and night, you can rest comfortably in your private room overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Once detox is complete (usually after 3 to 5 days), you are ready to begin Stage 2 in either our 30-Day or 90-Day Residential Program
- Stage 2: 30-Day Core Program. After detox, our experts welcome you into an intensive emotional, physical, and spiritual healing program. Our diagnostic specialists will assess you to find out if there are any underlying issues or co-occurring disorders such as anxiety, depression, or trauma that may have fueled your struggle with opiates. During this time, our team helps you resolve such issues, often making sobriety a much more manageable proposition. With the guidance of our experts, you will also gain skills needed to achieve lasting recovery through individual and group therapy, psycho-education classes, holistic therapies, and peer support groups.
- Stage 2: 90-Day Comprehensive Program. The 90-Day program includes all of the elements of the 30-Day program, plus a more intensive focus on key recovery skills and a deeper therapeutic treatment of co-occurring disorders and family relationship issues. This program is particularly appropriate if you have been in treatment before, need to address serious behavioral or medical issues, or face legal, relationship, or career consequences due to addiction.
- Stage 3: Maintenance of sobriety: After completion of residential treatment, we continue to provide the support you need to maintain sobriety at home. To prepare you for the next stage of your care, we work closely with you and your family members, and any doctors you’d like to involve, to create a continuing care plan. This plan will help you meet recovery goals through continued therapeutic work, peer support, medication management, and personal development.You will have ongoing access to our Continuing Care program, which includes free weekly alumni groups. We also help you establish strong peer support during your time with us, knowing how essential this will be in the weeks and months after residential treatment. Through daily work with 12-step peer support groups such as NA, you can be well prepared to transition to a group near your home.
- Relapse prevention medication for opiate addiction: At Alta Mira, we do everything we can to make sure you feel secure in their recovery. Therefore, as part of the Alta Mira aftercare program, our physicians can support your recovery goals by establishing a regimen of relapse prevention medications that greatly reduce cravings.
- 12-week Intensive Outpatient Program: To help with the transition to life outside the Alta Mira center, you can also elect to join our outpatient program, which allows you to continue receiving Alta Mira therapeutic care and recovery support.
If you or someone you know is suffering from opiate addiction, we can help. Alta Mira’s specialists are among the best in their fields, and our treatment center offers the most advanced therapeutic care available for opiate addiction. During treatment, we keep our clients as comfortable as possible in our world-class historic hotel overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Please contact us with your questions or to reserve your place at Alta Mira.