The program at Alta Mira was customized to my specific needs and nurtured me from the inside out. I was treated with respect and dignity but also with compassion and genuine care during this difficult time in my life.
Alta Mira Alumnus
Alta Mira’s Clinical Program
We have developed a clinical program at Alta Mira that provides you with the most effective treatment available for both addiction and co-occurring disorders. Our treatment model, supported by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, integrates evidence-based treatment modalities with 12-step peer support, intensive educational opportunities, experiential therapy, and holistic services.
Led by a clinical team of renowned addiction experts, fully licensed masters- and doctoral-level therapists, and consulting physicians and psychiatrists board-certified in addiction medicine, our trusted clinical program will provide you with the tools, knowledge and support you need to heal and embrace a meaningful life of recovery.
Highlights of Alta Mira’s Clinical Program:
- Personalized treatment plans that respect your life experience, goals and aspirations
- A focus on evidence-based treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP), integrated with holistic services, experiential therapies and peer support
- 24/7 medically-monitored detoxification
- At least 2 individual therapy sessions weekly with your primary therapist, as well as daily process groups
- A staff-to-client ratio that provides significant weekly contact with medical, psychiatric and neuropsychological teams
- Comprehensive psychological, vocational and cognitive testing and assessment
- Daily educational programming on topics covering the biological, social, spiritual, physical and psychological aspects of addiction
- Intensive workshops on resiliency, codependency, relationships and spirituality
- Comprehensive discharge and relapse prevention planning