Adderall Addiction Rehab
Adderall is a prescription stimulant that can produce dependency if used contrary to a physician’s recommendations. It is an appropriate treatment for ADHD and narcolepsy, but many people take it for other reasons—none of which are legitimate. Alta Mira’s Adderall addiction rehab program relies on evidence-based therapies to deliver excellent results, and when those who become addicted to this medication accept our expert help, their chances of recovery increase exponentially.
What Is Adderall Addiction?
Adderall is a prescription stimulant that contains different types of amphetamines. It is used primarily to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in people of all ages. Despite its stimulating effects on the central nervous system, it actually helps those who have ADHD calm down and become more focused. The drug may also be prescribed as an antidote for narcolepsy, which can cause severe drowsiness and sudden and unwanted sleep.
While it has legitimate uses, Adderall is often obtained illicitly and taken for its stimulating effects by those who have no medical condition. Adderall is abused in this way by high school and college students who use it to improve their stamina, alertness, and concentration while preparing for exams or finishing difficult assignments. It is also sometimes taken by athletes looking for a boost in performance, or by men and women trying to counteract job-related stress or fatigue.
This pattern of irresponsible use is a recipe for disaster. The use of Adderall for non-medical purposes has been linked to many cases of addiction, and when Adderall dependency develops, treatment will be needed to halt the disturbing progression of this serious medical condition.
If a person who has become dependent on Adderall suddenly stops taking the drug or starts using less of the drug, it can result in Adderall withdrawal. Going through withdrawal is an extremely unpleasant experience that causes many people to relapse in order to relieve the discomfort. Everyone’s withdrawal experience and duration are different and depend on a number of factors. Adderall withdrawal can also cause or exacerbate serious psychological or physical conditions.
Alta Mira’s Adderall addiction treatment program can provide the best support, care, and resources to maintain long-term recovery.
Adderall Addiction Facts and Statistics
Adderall abuse can quickly lead to tolerance and dependence. When Adderall is consumed, the pleasure center in the brain releases a chemical called dopamine, which creates feelings of pleasure. Repeated Adderall use causes the brain to adjust to these high levels of dopamine, and the brain eventually stops producing dopamine on its own.
When dopamine production slows or stops, the user begins to feel sad or depressed without the drug. Eventually, someone who is abusing Adderall may require more of the drug to achieve the original pleasurable effects. This is referred to as tolerance. Tolerance of the drug leads to greater and more frequent use, which can quickly spiral into dependence and addiction.
- In 2019 McMaster University released a study showing that Adderall is the most commonly abused prescription stimulant among college students.
- Adderall is commonly used as a study aid.
- According to the National Insitute on Drug Abuse overall Adderall misuse is higher among college students (11.1%) than their non-college peers (8.1%)Adderall abuse is the highest among men and women between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Most people who abuse Adderall obtain their supply from a friend or family member who has a prescription.
- As reported by the National Insitute on Drug Abuse, in 2018 misuse rates of Adderall were 14.6% among college men and 8.8% among college women. Rates were higher, however, in non-college women than in non-college men (10.1% and 5.3% respectively). From 2006 to 2011, the non-prescribed use of Adderall increased by 67 percent.
- In the 2016 National Survey on Drug Abuse, it was stated in 2015, it was estimated that about 11.3 million people used amphetamine products like Adderall; data is presented for people over the age of 12.
Effective World-Class Treatment for Adderall Addiction at Alta Mira
Residential rehab and behavioral therapies have been shown to be the most effective treatment option for addiction to Adderall and other prescription stimulants.
One of the most important goals of our Adderall addiction treatment program is to prepare clients for life after residential care. When clients leave treatment they have to face a lot of distractions, temptations, and triggers while trying to stay sober. At Alta Mira, clients learn many things that will help them later, such as trigger avoidance, relapse prevention, healthy coping strategies, and stress-relief techniques. Highlights of our Adderall rehab include:
- State of the art care, including detoxification and therapy
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Luxury residences with private and shared room options
- High-end, private-pay treatment
- Comprehensive neuropsychological testing and assessments
- Transformational recovery program with outstanding treatment outcomes
Signs and Symptoms of Adderall Addiction
A common misconception is that prescription medications are safe to use (or even abuse) because they come from a doctor. However, prescription medications can be just as harmful as illicit drugs.
Signs and side effects of Adderall abuse include:
- Digestive issues
- Diminished appetite
- Diminished sex drive
- Dry mouth
- Irregular heartbeat
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Gruff or hoarse voice
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep disturbance such as insomnia
Over time, continued Adderall abuse can develop into Adderall addiction. Prolonged Adderall abuse or consuming Adderall in large quantities can cause:
- Manic behavior
- Chest pain
- Difficulty speaking or slurred speech
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased body temperature
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the limbs
- Skin blisters or peeling
- Skin rash or hives
- Vision changes
We’re Here to Help.
Knowing When It's Time for Adderall Rehab
Getting help for an Adderall dependency is a big decision. But it is an important and potentially life-transforming move for anyone who has tried to manage addiction on their own and failed. Alta Mira is staffed by caring professionals with experience helping people make long-term changes in their behaviors.
Reaching out to loved ones and professionals who understand Adderall addiction should be your next move. It’s frightening to think about going through withdrawal, but our medically supervised detox can help you manage the symptoms of withdrawal. As you stabilize during our 30 Day Detox, Stabilization, and Assessment period, you will physically and mentally be preparing yourself for the next phase of your recovery transformation.
How to Help a Loved One Get Treatment for Adderall Addiction
Prescription medications like Adderall can produce fierce drug dependency when they’re used exclusively for their mind-altering effects. If someone you love has been taking Adderall to help them stay alert and awake while studying or working, or just to get high, you need to educate them about the grave risks associated with the abuse of this drug.
Adderall addiction is just as hazardous and potentially as deadly as any other type of drug dependency. If your loved one’s misuse of it has morphed into abuse and addiction, it will have profoundly negative effects on their life that will become increasingly apparent over time.
If your loved one refuses to seek evaluation and treatment for their Adderall abuse, y consider organizing an intervention, in coordination with a trained specialist who understands how an intervention should work.
At Alta Mira, we can help you find a skilled interventionist in your area, and we can answer any questions you have about diagnostic procedures and residential treatment for Adderall addiction. Once you convince your loved one the time has come to seek help, we’ll consult with you and advise you throughout the admissions process, to make sure your whole family understands what the coming months will entail.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute directly to your loved one’s recovery as well, through your participation in dynamic family therapy sessions and enrollment in our innovative four-day family program, which focuses on education, relapse prevention, and preparing for life at home after treatment ends.
How Our Luxury Adderall Rehab Center Transforms Lives
During your stay at Alta Mira, you’ll have an individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. This will include comprehensive services for any co-occurring conditions that might be complicating or supporting your Adderall addiction.
- Comprehensive Neuropsychological Testing and Assessment
- Individualized Treatment Plans
- Evidence-Based Treatment Modalities
- Holistic and Experiential Therapies
- Luxurious Private Location
Our Transformational Adderall Addiction Treatment Program
Your first 30 days of Adderall addiction treatment at Alta Mira is referred to as your Detox, Stabilization, Assessment period, which begins with private, medically supervised detox. During this time, our detox specialists will keep you safe and secure, monitored 24/7, as you rest in the privacy of your own room. You can also expect:
- Weekly meetings with a psychiatrist
- Weekly meetings with a medical doctor
- Neuropsychological testing and advanced psychological testing
- Orientation to our recovery fundamentals and self-regulation skills development
- In-depth family engagement and the option for loved ones to attend multiple 4-day family programs
- Introduction to therapy groups
Following 30 days of stabilization, clients move on to the next phase of their recovery process at Alta Mira, which we call our Transformational Program. Key elements of our complete 90-day transformational Adderall rehab program include:
- Three individual intensive psychotherapy sessions per week
- Weekly meetings with a medical doctor
- Participation in advanced workshops to support introspection, foundational change toward recovery, and relapse prevention
- Expanded neuropsychological assessment and continued weekly psychiatrist meetings inform tailored treatment adjustments and a refined individualized clinical approach
- Practice and integration of recovery principles and self-regulation skills and continued family work to support improved individual outcomes
- Intensive Workshops
Reclaim Your Life at Our Private Adderall Rehab Today
We believe individuals are best able to focus on their recovery when immersed in a secure, serene, healing setting. That’s why we provide comfortable surroundings while maintaining the most advanced and sophisticated luxury Adderall rehab program in Northern California. Clients can expect compassionate care from our best-in-class Adderall addiction specialists.
Seeking a helping hand to guide you through these difficult times is not an easy decision. Our caring and experienced team at Alta Mira can help guide you through the next steps toward achieving lasting recovery.
Don’t let Adderall addiction control your life. To begin your life-changing transformation, Contact us today.