Alta Mira’s World-Class Clinical Program
At Alta Mira, the clinical program we have developed provides you with the most effective treatment available for both addiction and co-occurring disorders. Led by an exceptional team of renowned addiction experts, fully licensed masters- and doctoral-level therapists, and consulting physicians and psychiatrists board-certified in addiction medicine, our trusted clinical program provides you with the tools, knowledge, and support you need to heal and embrace a meaningful life of recovery.
Our treatment model, supported by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, integrates clinically validated treatment modalities with 12-step peer support, intensive educational opportunities, experiential therapy, and holistic services. Through highly sophisticated testing and assessments, our experts are empowered to understand all that is unique about you, allowing us to tailor our comprehensive program to meet your specific needs. By treating your individual issues, we help you to resolve the problems that may have made sustaining sobriety challenging for you, and support your desire to achieve lasting recovery.
Alta Mira welcomes individuals with a broad spectrum of addiction and mental health disorders. Our clinical team is experienced and well-equipped to help you with a wide variety of issues, including various forms of substance abuse and co-occurring psychiatric and medical disorders.
What Makes Our Clinical Program Effective
- Our personalized treatment plans respect your life experience, goals, and aspirations
- We focus on evidence-based treatment modalities, integrated with holistic services, experiential therapies, and peer support
- We provide the most advanced 24/7 medically-monitored detox treatment
- You get at least 2 individual therapy sessions weekly with your primary therapist, as well as daily process groups
- Our staff-to-client ratio (1:2 during the day) provides significant weekly contact with medical, psychiatric and neuropsychological teams
- We offer fully comprehensive psychological, vocational, and cognitive testing and assessment
- Our daily educational topics enlighten you regarding the biological, social, spiritual, physical, and psychological aspects of addiction
- We offer transformative workshops on resiliency, codependency, relationships, and spirituality
- Our individualized discharge and relapse prevention planning helps you sustain your commitment to sobriety
The Many Facets of Our Clinical Program
When you come to Alta Mira, you receive the most sophisticated care addressing your full range of emotional, mental, physical and spiritual needs. We customize your program to meet those specific needs, allowing you to overcome personal challenges and embrace your best health. Our clinical program includes:
- Comprehensive Psychological Testing & Assessment: If you struggle with addiction, you may have underlying issues that complicate your attempts at recovery. At Alta Mira, our neuropsychologist gives you a full spectrum of psychological, vocational, personality, and cognitive tests. Along with our highly sophisticated clinical assessments, these tests help us to properly diagnose the issues that fuel your addiction, allowing us to create a treatment plan that is customized for your individual recovery needs and goals.
- Holistic Services & Experiential Therapy: Our therapeutic amenities and activities are designed to enhance and deepen your recovery work, encouraging you to reconnect with your body, care for your spirit, and reignite your sense of adventure.
- Intensive Workshops: Our series of transformative workshops (available to clients staying more than 30 days) provides you with the opportunity to look closely at your relationships, beliefs, aspirations, and spiritual needs in a safe and supportive environment.
- 12-Step Peer Support: Research and experience clearly show that peer support is a crucial element of long-term recovery. Our clinical program includes thorough education in 12-step wisdom and practice, including daily peer support meetings. We provide a range of peer support options, including AA, NA, LifeRing, Smart Recovery, and more.
- Spirituality: Knowing that your spiritual development is key to recovery, we integrate spiritual counseling sessions, workshops, and a range of spiritually-focused activities into your treatment plan.
At Alta Mira, we are passionate about helping you fulfill your life’s purpose. Our clinical programs are designed to give access to the best addiction treatment methods available in a setting that inspires and motivates you to embrace lasting recovery. If you have questions, please contact us at any time. We are here to help whenever you’re ready.