Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment Center
Alta Mira Recovery is a premier residential benzodiazepine addiction treatment center in California offering evidence-based treatment programs for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our residential benzodiazepine addiction program will help you manage your symptoms and gradually gain control over your behavior. Our treatment experts are highly skilled and experienced, and our treatment methods are personalized to meet the unique healing needs of each client. We can give you hope and guidance, and help you create a future where benzodiazepine addiction is no longer a part of your life.
Benzodiazepine addiction is a possible consequence for anyone who misuses these medications. A benzodiazepine use disorder can develop in people who have been prescribed the medication for a legitimate condition or in those who abuse benzodiazepines recreationally.
The best treatment programs for benzodiazepine addiction will include a combination of medically-supervised detox, individualized therapy, and a focus on relapse prevention. Lifestyle changes that promote healthy living and supportive interactions with family and friends are also vital elements in any healing regimen.
Staying sober after a struggle with benzodiazepine addiction requires a determined and sustained effort. But success is attainable with a true commitment to recovery.
Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment Overview
Benzodiazepines are central nervous system depressants most often prescribed for anxiety. They are sold under many different brand names, including Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, Halcion, and Diastat. In addition to their usefulness in the treatment of anxiety disorders, benzodiazepine medications may also be helpful for people experiencing insomnia, muscle spasms, seizures, or alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
When taken responsibly and as prescribed, benzodiazepines are safe to use for a short period of time. But when benzodiazepine use is continued indefinitely, or if medications like Xanax are taken at higher-than-recommended doses or without a prescription, benzodiazepine addiction is a likely outcome.
Eventually, the brain becomes conditioned to the effects of benzodiazepines. This means tolerance has developed, and consumption must escalate for cravings to be satisfied. At this stage, benzodiazepine use may become compulsive and uncontrollable. The problem may be especially acute for those who started using benzodiazepines without a prescription, to self-medicate for their emotional stress and mental health struggles.
People who abuse benzodiazepines often suffer from extreme drowsiness, fatigue, and confusion. Consequently, they will gradually lose their ability to function and manage daily responsibilities.
If they don’t get help, their benzodiazepine use may increase to the point where they are at risk for overdose. Mixing benzodiazepines with other depressants like alcohol or opioids is especially dangerous and could cause an overdose to be fatal.
Early treatment for benzodiazepine addiction increases the odds of recovery. Residential benzodiazepine addiction treatment programs can help anyone win their struggle with dependency, as long as they are sincere in their efforts and deeply committed to change.
Integrated Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment at Alta Mira
Residential benzodiazepine addiction treatment is the best solution to the ongoing abuse of these medications. At Alta Mira, you’ll be able to concentrate completely on healing, without outside distractions or concerns getting in the way. Recovery during your 30- to 90-day stay in our residential rehab will be in essence your full-time job, and your efforts to heal will be fully supported by every member of your benzodiazepine addiction treatment team.
At Alta Mira, treatment for benzodiazepine addiction will include some combination of the following elements:
- Medically-supervised detox
- Individual behavioral therapy
- Group therapy and peer support
- Family therapy
- Educational programs
- Introduction to holistic healing practices
- Intensive life skills and coping skills workshops
- Fitness, recreation, and nutrition programs
- Stress management and relaxation strategies
- Relapse prevention training
At our residential benzodiazepine addiction treatment center, relapse prevention is always a major point of emphasis. During the course of your treatment, you’ll work with our exceptional team of highly credentialed addiction treatment professionals to identify events, circumstances, and stressors that have triggered your benzodiazepine use in the past. We’ll help you make lifestyle changes that can aid your efforts to avoid temptation, and provide invaluable instruction that can help you learn to manage your feelings and emotions more effectively.
Benzodiazepine addiction treatment must be multi-dimensional and fully customized to your personal and medical needs. In addition, it must comprehensively address any mental health issues that accompany your substance use disorder. This may include treatment for anxiety disorders if you began your benzodiazepine use in response to such health issues, or for any other mental health conditions that may have been diagnosed.
Alta Mira is a full-service benzodiazepine addiction treatment center. No matter how complex your behavioral and mental health challenges are, we will design a comprehensive, integrated treatment plan that maximizes your wellness potential in every aspect.
Why Choose Alta Mira for Residential Treatment?
Alta Mira features a multitude of residential treatment options for benzodiazepine dependency. In your time here, your co-occurring mental health disorders will be acknowledged and addressed. Our treatment plans incorporate many elements and are flexible enough to accommodate the needs of you or your loved ones in any circumstance. Our goal is to help you uncover some of the deeper reasons for your struggles with substance abuse, so you can avoid a recurrence of those issues in the future.
The benefits of an Alta Mira recovery experience include:
- Comprehensive Neuropsychological Testing and Assessment. You’ll be extensively evaluated for a range of behavioral and mental health issues. Once your assessment is complete, we will design a customized treatment plan based on our findings.
- World-Class Clinical Staff. Our benzodiazepine addiction treatment experts and mental health specialists have the skills and experience necessary to help you heal, change, and grow.
- Medically-Supervised Detox Services. Benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms can put your sobriety at risk, but if you begin your rehabilitation in our top-quality detox facility, your benzodiazepine consumption can be reduced safely and sustainably.
- Individualized Treatment Plans. Your benzodiazepine addiction treatment program will incorporate a variety of evidence-based techniques and strategies, with an added personal touch that will empower your efforts to gain greater self-awareness and self-control.
- Luxurious Surroundings. Alta Mira is located just minutes from the historic Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito, California, where you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay and have access to lovely gardens and a broad range of comfort-enhancing amenities. For the rejuvenation of mind, body, and spirit, the Alta Mira experience is unmatched.
Expert, professional, compassionate care is synonymous with Alta Mira. We are ready to assist you whenever you’re ready to begin healing.
What to Expect the First Day
Your first day at Alta Mira will be motivating, informative, and relaxing. We strive to make our clients comfortable and feel accepted from the moment they set foot on facility grounds. This will be your home away from home for several weeks, and we want your entire experience to be positive and uplifting.
Our administration and staff at Alta Mira are part of a unified healing team. We are ready to answer all your questions and address any worries or concerns you may have, right from your initial meeting. Our recovery experts are there to offer reassurance, along with the expert medical assistance you require.
During your first 24 hours at Alta Mira, here’s what will happen:
- You’ll meet with an admissions advisor to fill out forms, review your paperwork, and discuss any and all issues related to your admittance and time in treatment.
- You’ll be given a guided tour of Alta Mira facilities and receive a detailed of our guest policies and treatment procedures.
- You’ll meet peers and speak briefly with staff members, which will give you a preview of what to expect throughout your stay.
- You’ll be taken to your room early in the day so you’ll have time to settle in, and any additional questions you have about our amenities and services will be answered at that time.
- On your second day, you’ll meet with a psychiatrist in the morning to undergo comprehensive psychological and neuropsychological testing and assessment. It is vital that all the details of your benzodiazepine addiction (and any co-occurring disorders) be discussed and accurately diagnosed before your final treatment plan is created.
Your first day at Alta Mira is the beginning of a journey. With our expert assistance, that journey can reach a successful and satisfying conclusion.
Your Alta Mira Recovery Programs Experience
Luxury rehab services can add texture and depth to your recovery process, energizing your efforts and letting you focus on wellness in a comfortable and relaxing environment. At Alta Mira, we offer a premium package of healing services and amenities, which helps give you the edge as you work diligently to overcome the effects of your benzodiazepine use disorder.
In this serene, tranquil location, you’ll enjoy amazing views of the surrounding environment. Your plush, peaceful living quarters will be your oasis, where you retreat to recharge your energies at the end of another productive day.
Our treatment professionals at Alta Mira are compassionate healers and accommodating hosts. We will make you feel welcome and accepted, even as we help you work through the challenges of recovery. Our experts and professionals, but they are also guides and mentors for all those who need help finding their way back to the light.
Our psychological testing protocols, individualized treatment services, peer-group and family therapy sessions, healing and recovery workshops, and instruction in self-help techniques will support your quest for transformation. Relapse prevention will be emphasized, to make sure you remain on the right track after your time in formal treatment ends.
The residential benzodiazepine addiction treatment program at Alta Mira will help you overcome your drug dependency and any co-occurring mental health disorders. Just as importantly, they will help you gain a new perspective on health and healing, showing you how permanent sobriety can emerge from better lifestyle choices.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Your recovery from benzodiazepine addiction will represent a crucial turning point in your life. And fortunately, you won’t have to go through it alone.
At Alta Mira, our luxury rehab services have helped many people defeat benzodiazepine addiction. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health conditions, and if your recovery needs are complex and demanding, we can help you rise to the challenge.
Our treatment professionals offer the perfect combination of skill, experience, and empathy. Alta Mira is a benzodiazepine addiction treatment center first and foremost, but our ultimate goal is to help you make permanent and lasting changes in your behavior. We’ll encourage you to embrace healthy living practices enthusiastically and with total commitment because that will give you the best chance of overcoming your substance use issues.
If you’re ready to banish benzodiazepines from your life once and for all, please contact us today to find out more about our residential benzodiazepine addiction programs.